Logo Corner

Traveling Details (Indiana State Board of Animal Health)

Working with a Veterinarian

Only licensed and accredited veterinarians may write certificates of veterinary inspection (CVIs). The CVI must be completed, in full, by the veterinarian before traveling in certain states. CVIs are standardized government forms and must be written or produced electronically on a form that is approved for the state of entry.

Intrastate Travel

Dogs and Puppies traveling within the state of Indiana do not need a CVI. Owners are encouraged to maintain records of animal movements.

Interstate Travel

Dogs and Puppies traveling across state lines need to have a CVI written by a licensed and accredited veternarian along with any additional import requirements the state of destination has.

Traveling by Air

Animals shipped by air must have a CVI issued by a veterinarian. Airline staff are looking for four main things on a CVI: inspection date within 10 days prior to flying, a weather acclimation statement, rabies vaccination information, and a veterinarian's signature.

Florida Requirements

Dogs and puppies being transported to Florida to be sold need to have a CVI that includes all vaccines and deworming medications administered, along with manufacturer, vaccine, type, lot number, expiration date, and dates of administration. The CVI must also include a statement,: "The examining veterinarian warrants that, to the best of his or her knowledge, the animal has no sign of contagious or infectious diseases and has no evidence of internal or external parasites, including coccidiosis and ear mites, but excluding fleas and ticks."
Our pups are guaranteed to be healthy, happy!! Our puppies come only from the best breeders!! No puppy mill promise!!

Learn More
CONTACT US: 888 577 8779     info@puppygram.com