This dog is no longer available.
Image Not Found
Pomeranian Male - Ref ID: 21625
Want more information on Pomeranian puppies?
Please fill out our Pet Inquiry form below.
The Pomeranian is a cocky, animated companion with an extroverted personality. This compact little dog is an active toy breed with an alert character and fox-like expression. Today, the Pomeranian is a popular companion dog and competitive show dog. They can come in all colors, patterns, and variations although orange and red are the most popular.
The breed's name originally came from the historical region of Pomerania (now present-day Germany and Poland). Originally weighing nearly 30 pounds, the dog served as an able herder of sheep in its larger form. In 1888, Queen Victoria fell in love with a Pomeranian in Florence, Italy, and brought the specimen back to England, influencing its popularity dramatically.
Pomeranians are very intelligent dogs that love to please. Because of their outgoing temperaments, they can be very good family dogs with the right training. Due to their small size, they don't require much exercise but are an energetic breed that needs attention from their people frequently. Pomeranians need a firm hand with training.
- Toy Group; AKC recognized in 1888.
- Ranging in size from 4 to 12 pounds, with the ideal weight for the show specimen being 4 to 9 pounds.
- Bred down from sled and herding dogs, companion.
- Apartment is fine because of small size
- Very active indoors.
- Be careful in hot weather because of their hair coat.
- Daily light exercise.
- Regular brushing because of long hair coat
- Moderate to heavy shedding.